Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Pittsburgh Moment: February 6, 2013

Who: Me & Allie, walking to the bus stop after work.
Where: Route is PPG One through Market Square past the Fairmont and down Liberty. Event takes place in front of the Fairmont.
When: This evening, while it was still light out at 5:30 p.m.

Today during lunch, Allie and I had just discussed how we always run into celebrities when we're together. Willem Dafoe in Market Square. Gus Van Sant at the Brillobox. Charlie Batch outside of the Fairmont. Well, we were walking past the Fairmont after work when I saw a man. He was becoming quickly surrounded by people holding objects (a broken hockey stick, a large piece of cardboard) and pens looking for autographs. I looked a little closer and recognized him immediately. But I was flustered, cause - I know who this is and it is exciting! And I couldn't for the life of me get the to come to my lips. "Allie - look! It's... It's..." Allie looks. I continue looking like a stumbling fool. "Chuck? Chuck...?" I say, knowing it's not at all right.

"That's Bill Cowher."



Of course it was. We high-fived and kept walking toward Wood Street. We were excited to see Bill Cowher, but we were more excited that it was staying lighter later.

No comments:

Post a Comment