Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving...From the Other Side of the World


Happy Thanksgiving! From the future! Where it is Friday. I've been in Australia for a week now - and it's been a lovely time. I've been taking a break from blogging lately, but I'll be back soon recapping this trip and figuring out ways to survive the holidays in Pittsburgh. (I'm in the "bah-humbug" camp when it comes to celebrating Christmas.)

Since I'm checking in momentarily, I thought I'd share a few things I'm thankful for this year.
- My dad and his ever-positive attitude and willingness to try new things around town with me.
- My brother, who is ever growing up and impressing me with the strides he is taking.
- My Pittsburgh friends (you know who you are), who are constantly keeping me laughing and are there for me in the best of times and the worst of them.
- Jack and Hatred, who are the cutest and weirdest little black cats a girl could ask for.
- My bike, for it's ability to get me from Point A to Point B and for how it's kept me in shape and given me incredible experiences (like biking to DC or completing the 24-hour relay).

And, especially today, I'm thankful I have some friends who are as adventurous as me. For Rob, who traveled down to Australia with me and saw a wallaby plop out of a wallaby pouch with me and who reacted in the same disgusted manner. For Evan, who took Rob and me on a 12-hour tour of Melbourne in classic Evan fashion (which means an incredible time was had by all). And for Courtney and Marlana, who have been lifelines for me so many times (even from far away), and whose bravery to move all the way to the other side of the world brought me here for a visit.

Enjoy your turkeys and mashed potatoes.

See yinz soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment