Thursday, May 2, 2013

Alcohol Boat: Commonwealth Press's Beer Barge


This was one of the best events I have ever been to.

There was no other way to start this post. It simply was awesome. The ingredients for the perfect Friday night in April? A Gateway Clipper boat + dozens of craft breweries lining the first and second decks + local bands + a top deck that offered some pretty stellar views of the city + the brilliance and hard work of Commonwealth Press.




The crowd was great. The event had actually sold out twice due to a server crash, so instead of telling 300 people they didn't actually have tickets, Commonwealth Press chartered a second trip on the same boat. So as soon as our cruise returned around 9:30, the dock was filled with another crowd ready to set sail on the alcohol boat.




The night was perfect. Better weather could not have been asked for. It's been so long since I've been on the river (I've been in it, a few times!), and I had forgotten the skyline's majesty as you approach the Point on a boat.




I hope (and expect) this will become a yearly event. My only wish is that it would be seasonally instead of yearly. But I'll take what I can get, and I'll be sure to be ready with my credit card the moment next year's tickets go on sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment