Wednesday, September 26, 2012

30 Before 30: Banjo Night


"Banjo Night" has been an event suggested to me many times in the past five or six years. Even before I moved back to Pittsburgh, friends were putting it on my to-do lists for visits back home. It took placement on the 30 Before 30 List to finally get myself to the Elks Lodge on the North Side to experience it, but it certainly won't take much to get me to go back.

Every Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Banjo Club holds an open rehearsal at the Elks Lodge on Cedar Avenue, just across the Allegheny River. Admission is free. Food and beer are cheap. And the entertainment is priceless.

If you've never gone, don't wait as long as I did to enjoy a few hours of banjo-playing and merry-making. It happens tonight. You may find me there, dragging along my dad and brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment