Thursday, September 22, 2011

pghpghyeah: Debuting on September 24 at Hartwood Acres!

When I was a kid, my mom taught me how to cross-stitch. She was a master cross-stitcher; the proof of which adorns the walls of my childhood home. She made hundreds of intricate and complicated works of art throughout her 63 years, but all I could ever grasp were the basics, which I got bored with pretty quickly. Fast forward many years and I found myself wanting to pick the craft back up and give it another go. Again, I got bored quickly, but the desire to make SOMETHING remained strong. I toyed around with a couple different ideas, but finally found a craft that feels like my own, a craft that I'm continuing to explore and improve upon - and one that I'm now confident enough (mostly) to share with the world.

I've partnered up with my Pedestrian Pittsburgh/extremely talented friend Eric to create pghpghyeah, which combines our handmade creations that celebrate Pittsburgh. We're debuting these little creations at the I Made It Market taking place on September 24 from 12 n - 4 p.m. at the Hartwood Acres Hay Day Fall Festival.

Here's a sampling of what I've been working on. Everything is handmade! No machines were used to do any of the sewing.









So, there you have it. Some of the fruits of my labors over the past few months. I'm not sure about pricing yet, as I have been internally arguing with myself over what these are worth, both framed and unframed. But, if you're around this Saturday, come visit Eric and me at our booth. I can promise that we will have yummy cookies baked by Carrie and me. I can also promise that there will be all sorts of fun things to do: hay rides, pony rides, petting zoo, MOON WALKS, and a book fair. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a Saturday in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment