Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Tea: Celebrating Carrie's 28th at the Inn on Negley

My very good friend Carrie turned 28 a week ago. We celebrated by making reservations for high tea at the Inn on Negley. I had been to only one high tea service before, at the Four Seasons in Boston, but this really blew that experience out of the water. We walked from Carrie's to the Inn on Negley in beautifully mild weather. When we arrived, our third guest, Emily, had not yet arrived, so we waited in the parlor (it felt very high-society to be waiting in a parlor) and flipped through a book on Pittsburgh buildings and architecture.


Everything was delicious. The teas were wonderful and hot and the food was so so so good. You may recall that I am a picky eater, so I went into this knowing I would probably have food in front of me that I would normally ignore. But, this being 2012, and this being the year I try new things, I told myself I would eat everything offered. Which I did, and which I enjoyed thoroughly. The scones (a vanilla cream and a lemon poppyseed), the sandwiches (egg salad with avocado, hummus, and chicken salad), and the desserts (pear tart, cupcake, cookie) were all so delicious. Not a single complaint.


After tea we walked through the Inn to see the rooms that were open. The Inn on Negley is beautiful, and it's like stepping back in time.


All three of us left happy and satisfied with the afternoon. It was such a lovely way to spend time with friends, and I look forward to doing it again soon.

Walking around sans-jackets in February. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment