Friday, December 16, 2011

EvBetPGH Best Of 2011: Steelers Beat the Pats!

Throughout the month of December, I'll be returning to five of my favorite adventures/posts from the past year.

Date of Post: November 1, 2011
Title of Post: Halloween Miracle #2: STEELERS BEAT THE PATRIOTS


It had all the makings of a horrible afternoon of football: I'd been at a Halloween party the night before and managed to get about two hours of sleep before I had to meet my dad for beers (ughhhh) and burgers before the dreaded event: the Steelers and the Pats. I'd been to witness this same match-up last year, and it was probably one of the more depressing nights of my life. (Being the Drama Queen that I am, I was researching which of Pittsburgh's many bridges is tallest, just in case.) So, I got excited for the spectacle of the game itself, but tried to temper anxiety. Luckily, chatting with two Canadian Steelers fans from Hamilton (Ham-town!) put me at ease.

AND THEN WE WON AND EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD WAS GOOD ONCE MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment