Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Think About You Nightly: Ra Ra Riot at the Carnegie Lecture Hall

This past weekend, my old radio station mentor and mischief-making-buddy Zack and I went to the Ra Ra Riot show that was supposed to happen earlier this year, but had to be rescheduled. The show was at the Carnegie Lecture Hall in Oakland. We met up at Hemingway's before the show (wanted to hit up Panther Hollow Inn, but they were closed for a private party, WHAT?!) and so we were properly sauced before evening stepping foot into the Carnegie. We missed the openers (local band 1, 2, 3) but had plenty of time to get another drink and explore the lobby area. (Protip: When alcohol and weird stuff is around, Zack and I will make good times out of it.)

This photo is a very accurate depiction of how I have felt for 99.5% of 2011.

2011: The year I wanted to own an owl as a pet.

Eventually we found this skunk skull. Because of course we did.

Ra Ra Riot is great. I'm sure I have a crush on 75% of the members of this band. Ladies included.


They played my favorite song. I was a happy camper.
"Can You Tell"


No comments:

Post a Comment