Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Under the Bridge: North Side Murals

The weather in Pittsburgh has been amazing. We basically skipped winter (WHO CARES?!) and part of me wonders if we aren’t skipping the early parts of spring too. Whatever the case and whatever the cause, I’m thrilled with the extended hours of daylight and the higher than normal temps. I took one of my longest rides of the year a few weeks ago and stopped momentarily under the Veterans Bridge. I’ve had these excellent murals on my mental list of Pittsburgh murals to document since last summer when I spent my mornings on the trails.

They’re a series of five murals, and they are pretty wonderful:






The return of nice weather means the return of adventures big and small that will hopefully yield a greater volume of posts. Winter sucks. I’m glad it’s over.

No comments:

Post a Comment