Friday, June 22, 2012

You Only Turn 29 Once, Pt. 2

The second half of my awesome Saturday birthday adventures was an incline ride and steak dinner atop Mount Washington.



We used a Groupon for our dinner, which kind of made it feel like it was free. Which was awesome.


But even more awesome was our table by the window. I mean, like right next to the window. Our reservation was for 8 p.m., which allowed a lovely view of the skyline during and early summer sunset. Pretty perfect way to eat a meal. (Especially one made of steak and potato.)


After dinner we convened with friends in their backyard for a fire, whiskey, and smores. At midnight, I was given high fives. I told the stories of my mom going into labor with me at Lacky's (or so I've been told) and about why my name is Allison Elisabeth. It was a fine way to end the night, and a finer way to ring in number 29.


I'm off to Boston for the weekend. In fact, I'm probably sitting at the gate for my flight right now, being all ridiculously early. (That's just how I do; I'd go crazy with anxiety otherwise.) The weekend after this I'm back to D.C. It's hard with weekends like these to accomplish as much Pittsburgh adventuring as I'd like, but next week I'll be starting a new little series that corresponds with one of my 30 Before 30 list items. So spend your weekend getting excited for that, while I spend mine celebrating the marriage of one of my first friends in Boston. Congrats, Erin and Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment