Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Art at the End of the Alley: Poetry and Birdhouses in Polish Hill

More proof that Polish Hill is one of the richest sources of graffiti and street art in the city. The other morning I was meeting my friend Jordan for a bike ride and then coffee, but wasn't exactly sure where his place in Polish Hill was. While riding around looking for his place, I rode to the end of an alley where I found these two charming displays.


The first: neighborhood magnetic poetry.



The second: rows of birdhouses, which appeared to mostly be homes for bees.


I love stumbling upon great finds like these in random places like the end of alleys in Polish Hill. Knowing there are surprises around every corner in Pittsburgh is one of the great joys of living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment