Friday, September 2, 2011

MOUSETRAP! - The Board Game Comes to Life

A couple Saturdays ago, my friend Chris and I drove down to the Carnegie Science Center to check out the "life-size" version of the Mousetrap board game. Chris is a member of the Carnegie Museums, so we didn't have to pay admission, which was great because - honestly - this was a bit of a letdown.

First, when I originally heard about the event, I thought it was some grand structure to crawl around in, like an adult-size Chuck-E-Cheese. I dont know why I thought that, but that's how my brain works. So I think I was already a little letdown by the event before it even started, knowing my feet would be firmly planted on the ground througout.

Second, it seemed a little haphazard, a little unorganized, and a little...anticlimactic. Especially when the mousetrap faltered in one of its first few chain reactions.




Overall, I'm still happy I went down to the North Shore to see the mousetrap in action. It's definitely not something you see every day, and there was definitely a lot of hard work that went into building something like that from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment