Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Take Me Out to the Last Baseball Game of 2011

I lived in Boston for five years. I think I went to three Red Sox games total. Two of which were rained out. This summer I went to like five baseball games! Five! Me - at Pirates games! Like five times! Sorry. I'm being a little sarcastic because we all know the Pirates are pretty horrible, but we can all still love them for what they are. To me, they're a cheap way to spend a day or evening in the summer with your friends. Sitting in the cheap seats. Getting little hats full of ice cream. Drinking beers and constantly reminding everyone to put on sunscreen.

A few Fridays ago was my last visit to PNC Park for the year to celebrate friend Andy's birthday. Things seem to be going much better for the Pirates this year, because at Andy's birthday baseball game celebration last year we witnessed the 100th loss. This year I think they were only just dipping into the 90s.

It looked like it was going to rain all day and all night (to the point where I think we all breathed a sigh of relief that we didn't buy tickets in advance in the event it started to pour), but around 5 p.m. the clouds started to part and it actually turned into a beautiful night.

Toward the end of the game, Eric and I took a walk around the park. We went all the way to the last row of the stadium for a new point of view.

Looking beautiful, as always.

The Pirates won in the bottom of the ninth! We all went home happy and tired and full of ice cream, french fries, and pierogi BBQ sammiches. No better way to spend one of the last nights of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment