Thursday, August 25, 2011

Living in the Meantime Wait and See: J. Pitts Hip Hop Podcast

The other night I joined my friend Chris for a taping of J. Pitts Show Hip Hop Podcast. Normally, the podcast features hip hop (duh), which isn't exactly my normal cup of tea. But for this episode, Chris was curating a Best of the '90s: Anything But Rap Edition. And that, friends, is exactly my cup of tea. I have been anxiously awaiting the return of the '90s for the past few years, and I feel it will be upon us soon.

Chris focused on '90s indie rock in a few different sets. The first was your standard '90s indie bands: Pavement, Dinosaur Jr., etc. The second set was more pop-punk influenced, and the Angus soundtrack was featured heavily. The third set was grungier and the fourth set was shoe-gazer hits. He ended with Spacehog's "In the Meantime" and it's been stuck in my head ever since.


It was a great way to spend a Saturday night: Sitting around, listening to great music, drinking beers, and talking about the music, our memories, and other ridiculous things. It felt like college, and that's never ever a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment