Thursday, April 5, 2012

April Showers? No, but Downtown Flowers!

One of the reasons I love Pittsburgh: Seasons. I know this isn't unique to my lovely city, but it is an important thing to me, and I don't think I could live in a place that didn't have all four seasons. Granted, we didn't really have a winter this year, but spring has sprung and it has put me in the best mood. Regardless of the lack of snow and bitter cold, the city was still gray ol' Pittsburgh winter. The bursts of color as the trees start coming back to life and the flowers popping up in a variety of shades are putting the energy back on the streets. People are out walking around. Everyone's eating lunch outside. It feels good out there. So good.

I spent a bit of my lunchbreak the other day admiring the tulips growing between PPG buildings in Market Square.





And then I explored the cloisters at Heinz Hall for the first time. Always look up when you're in the city; you never know what you will find up there.


Happy Spring, Pittsburgh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment