Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pens Stanley Cup Playoffs 2012: v. Flyers, Game 1

Well, that was a heartbreaker. For real. I was hoping to start off this series with a really exciting and good entry about how awesome it was to watch the Pens take Game 1 against the Flyers while enjoying cheap beers and cheaper pizza boats at The Rock Room. Instead, we got one period of awesome hockey and two periods and a handful of minutes of overtime witnessing a terrifying comeback. Ugh. Regardess of the loss, I am happy to be embarking on a new project. I don't have cable, so all of the game that are NOT on NBC, I have to figure out a place to watch them. I've turned my problem into a project. For the entirety of the Pens playoff games (of which there will hopefully be many games), I will try to watch the games in different settings each time. (Sometimes I'll even be there!)

Tonight a nice group gathered at The Rock Room in Polish Hill. Allie and I had planned to go there tonight anyway for the 50 cent pizza boats, so that Game 1 was also tonight? Great coincidence. We set up a couple of tables in the back room and watched most of the game on a really crappy big screen TV. Alas, it was not to be. The Flyers with a comeback in overtime. My goodness. This series might stress me out way way way too much.

Making the boats!


Let's Go Pens!

I'm already anticipating Friday to be a very messy night. I'll be going to the game with my dad, but several of my hockey friends have already been texting me for meet-ups before the game. I cant help it. It's playoff hockey time! There is no other time of the year when my heart beats this fast. There is no other time of year when I count down the minutes to gametime. I am excited, not disheartened. I never thought we'd sweep them anyways.

Until Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment