Saturday, October 13, 2012

Welcome Change: Living Life in the Most Livable City


Welcome change. It's an appropriate mantra for fall, when the leaves start to turn and the cold starts to creep in. It's getting darker earlier, and it's harder to get up in the morning without sunshine streaming in the windows at 6:45 a.m. I used to fear change, because I am a creature of habit and routine. But, I look at change as the continued evolution of things now. The ability to accept change and adapt to change will always be important to me, because so much is outside of my control that there's never a guarantee that things will stay the same (or work out the way I want them to). Which brings me to this blog. I feel like it's been evolving over the past year, settling into itself. Which is why I added a subtitle to Everything Better Pittsburgh: living life in the most livable city. No matter how it continues to evolve as I continue to change and be changed by my favorite place, it still holds true to the hopes I had for it:

This is what I love about Pittsburgh. There's always something to look for. There's always something to figure out. There will always be missing pieces, but it's the search and the small journeys it'll take you on. If nothing else, I want this to be writings about new discoveries around the best city. It will feature the myriad of ways one can wrap themselves up in Pittsburgh's greatness. It'll be odd things/interesting things/wonderful things I see. It'll be yummy things I eat. It'll be the crazy things I overhear. There hasn't be a day in the year I've been back that I haven't absolutely swooned over this place. When I say that Pittsburgh is the best city in the world, I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment