Tuesday, January 10, 2012

EvBetPGH Resolution #2: Get Involved with Pittsburgh

It's the thing I tell myself I'll do every year: volunteer.

It's not that I don't like volunteering, because I really do and I really have enjoyed my experiences volunteering. So, in 2012, I'm setting myself what I think is a doable and reasonable goal of hours that will help me ease back into making this a priority in my life. 50 hours. By the end of 2012.

I know I definitely want to get involved with BikePGH and GrowPittsburgh. I've also put myself on the email list for volunteering at East End Brewery (that counts - even if there is free beer). The animal lover in me wants to also seek out opportunities at the Animal Rescue League. But, as with the books, I'm open to suggestions! Where should I volunteer? How should I get involved in 2012? Leave a comment, or send me an email!

2 comments:

  1. I've been seriously thinking about this too. I could get real into Animal Rescue League or the Humane Society.

    Also, my friend Brad is on board of BighPGH - you should talk to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should look into helping animals! I've wanted to get involved with an animal organization for a while.

    Also, just came home from a BikePGH volunteer night, so I'm already making progress on my goal. Yay!

    ReplyDelete