Thursday, January 26, 2012

PGH Book #1: "21" The Story of Roberto Clemente

You may recall my first resolution for 2012 was to read more. Well, I am happy to report that I have been keeping ahead of schedule! Now, this is partly due to the facts that a) I started this first book before 2012 began and b) it is a graphic novel. (I wanted to ease into things.)


"21" covers Clemente's lifespan from a child in Puerto Rico to the fatal flight that took his life.

This is a quote I will take to heart.

The Cathedral of Learning! It's weird to see it there, because I've never seen that popping out of the skyline at any Pirates game I've ever been too.

I've never been very good at book review, so let's just say I read it, I enjoyed it, and I think you might enjoy it too! Now, a month is nearly behind us in 2012 already! Time. It flies. You may be wondering how I've been faring with my OTHER resolutions. Well, even if you're not, I'm about to tell you. My second resolution was to volunteer, which I did just a tiny bit of this month when I went to a BikePGH volunteer night. I was there just shy of an hour! One down, forty-nine to go.

My third resolution was to try new things. I have tried new things! Here's a short list: walked all the staircases in a neighborhood, went to the Park House for a beer and peanuts, had dinner with my dad and brother at the Tap Room, tried out Habitat with Kate and Zack for Pittsburgh's first Restaurant Week where I ate OXTAIL for the first time (after a quick text-message consultation regarding if I would hate oxtail).

My fourth resolution? Well, that is something you'll have to wait a few more days to find out more about...

No comments:

Post a Comment