Tuesday, January 24, 2012

EvBetPGH Resolution #4: Finish a Project!

I am kind of the queen of starting something, and not finishing it. It's a really upsetting habit, because I get so excited about project ideas, go into them FULL STEAM AHEAD and then lose gusto as the project takes time to develop. I can't tell you how many other "blogs" I tried to start either on my own or with friends that have fizzled out after a few weeks. (I'm actually very proud that I've kept this one going so long, like those others were just dress rehearsals to when I figured out what I actually really wanted to be writing about all the time. So, thank you for reading. It means the world to me. Really.)

So, in 2012, I am going to start a project and FINISH it.

I thought I would set out to do some amazing creative project, but I am nervous about feeling really incapable of undertaking something that's not entirely concrete. So, I shifted my thinking to my second favorite option: biking. Let's face it: I'm kind of obsessed with my bike. I love getting around on two wheels. There's something about the physical movement of pedaling and propelling myself forward that I just absolutely thrive on. There isn't a day that passes when I'm not finding myself daydreaming about getting back on the trail for another bike tour/camp trip. (Summer, I miss you. Please come back soon!)

So, in a week, I'll have a more formal announcement about the project. I'm still ironing out some details and figuring out the easiest way to execute it without it turning into a logistical nightmare. But, I'm excited. And better yet, I'm going to FINISH.

No comments:

Post a Comment